- You have the right to expect me to perform the basic job requirement of a US Representative – to honor my oath and to restore Congress as a co-equal branch of government fulfilling its constitutionally assigned duties as a legislative body and as a check and balance on the executive and judicial branches.
- You have the right to hold an opposing opinion to mine and the right to express that opinion to me without fear of reprisal. No blocking on social media, no being escorted out of a meeting or a building by security.
- You have the right to in-person public town halls so you can express your views
- You have the right to meet me at any of my offices. My door will always be open to a constituent.
- You have the right to expect an answer to any communication to me.
- You have the right to expect me to identify policies that will improve your life and the lives of your families and neighbors, to develop a realistic roadmap to advance those policies and to file original legislation to implement those policies
- You have the right to expect me to serve as more than a mouthpiece for any political party
- You have the right to expect me to reach across the aisle to an opposing party to make progress on issues
Constituents Bill of Rights For TX-17admin2019-12-06T23:54:08-06:00